Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sunlight & Shade

The natural sunlight in a room in unmistakable. The illumination it carries is a warm and your bare feet thank it as it defrosts them as you walk across the cold floor in the morning. I think natural sunlight is something no building can live without. Laws in Berlin Germany will agree, for you are not allowed to build a building with offices and rooms not receiving natural sunlight. Natural sunlight has found its calling with advances in the field and more sustainable practices. Optimizing on the energy we can save by using this unlimited resources.


I enjoy the shade as much as I do the sun. More importantly the shade prescribed from off of a tree. The dappled light is comforting to me and when there is a breeze the shade too is dynamic. I am curious if there is a way to properly replicate this in architecture.


No comments:

Post a Comment