In high school I took photography classes, we started with black and white and then moved into digital photography. Digital was convenient because there was no waiting for prints to develop, however this is one of the many things I enjoyed about black and white film photography. There is such a quick turn around of gratification from the moment you capture the image to the time you process your shot as a print. I love how you can manipulate it under an enlarger and then when it develops it just slowly emerges on this white sheet. A black and white photo for me has drama. I love the sharp contrast and boldness of seeing the object's lines run and bleed together as tones. There is the advantage of learning about light when working with photography, and an appreciation for highlight and shadow.
 |
| Jason Watts- Full Sunflower |
 |
| Ansel Adams, Aspens, Northern New Mexico 1958 |
 |
| My own shot of Santiago Calatrava's Bridge in Valencia, Spain |
No comments:
Post a Comment