Friday, December 2, 2011

Book Ideas

I have been trying to think of creative ways to produce the thesis book, working with the ideas of old and new and materials. A couple of ideas I had was to buy an old book in a flea market, whose cover is clearly aged and marked with time, and then inserting new context within it. Etching into the cover of the old book a relieve that can reveal the title below on the interior pages.

My other idea was to take get two sketchbooks and subject them the weather for the next couple of days and try to break them down so they appear weathered. If this is the tactic I take, the two books will be "planted" now and come may, I will have a matured and degraded book to insert my work into. The other book to be used more recently will not have been allowed as much weathering, and even within the production of these books I will exemplifying the progression of time and material degradation my thesis touches upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment