There is something I find terribly sad when I travel down small county roads and see abandon houses with their collapsing roofs, boarded or missing windows and their unmaintained lawns. I drive by and can't help but think of ways to salvage the property. There has to be ways that these deteriorating homes could somehow help the ones of the future. Could the materials be striped and saved reused for another home? Could the building's foundation support a new load, maybe a restored version of the existing? Isn't the greenest building ones that already exists? Would nature be more quick to grow and take over if the building were all together removed? Why cant something great come for the junk or garbage of another?
| Recycled barn door |
| Mason Jars originally for pickling and jams mounted to a piece of trim and repurposed for craft storage |
| Antique trunks Repurposed as night stands |
No comments:
Post a Comment